Additional Links to visit

Monday, February 25, 2008

My Lovely Oyas


Here is a picture of the Oyas I purchased from Rengin, Istanbul, Turkey. This wonderful and ancient needleart comes from the villages of Turkey and is handmade using simply a needle and thread. Each piece is so delicate and exquisite.

From there a special friendship has begun, for which I am so grateful. We have a similar history in which we each walked the same path but in two different parts of the world. From this I hope we can be an encouragement to each other and to other's.

Rengin truly has a gift for creating beautiful works of art. I can only wish to be as talented. She also just completed her block for the Art Bra Project arranged by Victoria Brown of Ribbonsmyth I encourage you to take a look.

At the moment I am undecided as to how I want to use the Oyas. Perhaps a crazy quilt heart block .....

Until next time, Peace and Grace.

2 comments:

Rengin Yazitas said...

Kathy,
I'm looking forward to see oyas on your lovely CQ projects.
Love,
Rengin

Melissa said...

Wow beautiful Oya!