Additional Links to visit

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sequin Flower and Snail

I still can not show my ATC until maybe sometime next week as it is still a secret. I am so excited to receive the cards the others have made. Ok the deadline is here for the next part that had to be completed on the crazy quilt block.



I added a beaded snail amongst the flowers underneath the little girls picture.



Then the sequin flower. I think it really adds to that area, the fabric was so busy I didn't know what to do with it. I will need to add another one in that area to balance it unless I come up with another idea.





Now maybe some beaded leaves. I purchased the pattern for the beaded Russian Leaves. I thought they were so cool. Now to figure out how to do it. If you are experienced making beaded jewelery I am sure you wouldn't have any trouble. Now me, on the other hand am not experienced in that department.....

I may need to ask for help if anyone reading this is familiar with these leaves.

Everyone have a great day! Tomorrow I am off to the Lancaster Quilt Show. I am so excited, I have my list of things to look for almost complete, well you know those lists are really never complete when you have a hobby such as this.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your new additions! The snail is the perfect touch and the flower on that print area is really perfect too! Can't wait to see more!

Judy S. said...

Hi Kathy,

I love the row of flowers with the snail....so pretty! The addition of lace to the fan is great...wherever did you get the darling picture of the little girl. This is going to be a really nice block, and it's fun watching your progress.

Karen said...

I love your block and especially the snail. I also wanted to let you know you won a prize on my blog a couple of weeks ago and I need to get your mailing address to send it to you. Please email me at southka@yahoo.com.

Judy S. said...

PS Thanks, Kathy, for the great link. I'm going to try my hand at printing some of my own silkies.

Ira said...

Lovly flower, great work. very inpressive

Beth Norman said...

This sneak peak is such a tease. What I see so far is awesome.

jessicasews said...

Kathy, I love the flower, the color is beautiful. And, your snail, it's so cute!