Additional Links to visit

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dyed Lace and Hearts

I just got back from the eye doctor. Prescription changed a little, actually for the better. Still need bifocals.:)) I see better with my glasses off to do my stitching as long as I hold it close enough. Then if I am following a printed pattern, then the glasses go back on.

A few days ago I spent some time time dying lace appliques. I have been looking for hummingbird appliques everywhere with no luck. I recently attended the Lancaster, PA quilt show and found this hummingbird applique.I am rather pleased with how it turned out. I was oh so careful so the dye wouldn't spread.
Unfortunately the vendor has no more available. So if anyone out there in blog land knows where I can find more I sure would appreciate a little note.






My next batch of lace will be in pastel colors, as these were nice and bold.

My six crazy quilt heart blocks are now sewn together. The first one has the dragonfly, butterfly and lace attached. The buttons and sequins are auditioning for me. I am undecided about what to do with the thread woven through the lace. I put loop it and stitch something else on top. Oh what to do! As for the other blocks, nothing has been attached they too are auditioning. As you can see none are trimmed and they look rather scraggly.
















4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Kathy,

Hearts are my favorite thing, and yours are so pretty. I especially like the red one with the pale green dragonfly.

jessicasews said...

The dyed lace is gorgeous! Those little yellow/orange flowers are wonderful. And, I have to say....those antique buttons, could be my favorite!
It's hard to say...I love them all!

Pat Winter said...

Love the dragonflies and your dyeing job is beautiful. Well done! Thanks for visiting my blog. The heart and hand charms were found on etsy in Eolith's shop.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5176953

Carolinapig said...

I enjoyed your blog and love your work. I ran across these hummingbirds.

http://cindybrick.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=43&category_id=13&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=48&vmcchk=1&Itemid=48