Additional Links to visit

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Questions

Judy asked if I used Angelina Fibers on my ATC. Yes on the bottom ATC I used gold hot fix Angelina Fibers. I then added some wool roving which was needle felted on top of the fibers. The roving helped hold the fibers in place. I then attached a flower I hand dyed and added a crystal. Around the edge I attached Ribbon Yarn used for knitting and crochet.

The top ATC, I used a fabric like netting which actually has a glimmer to it. It doesn't really show that well on the picture. Attached a silk flower taken from an arrangement and used perle cotton for the stem and added beads in the center of the flower and on the leaves.

Judy also wondered where I got the picture I used on my Crazy Quilt block. I printed it from Art-E-Zine. The little girl was from this Art-E-Zine page.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Kathy, for the detailed explanation of how you made your ATC. Have you seen Allie's site where the lady showed her how to make butterflies with angelina? They are really pretty.

That link for vintage photos is great. I'm making several CQ blocks using images from there. Thanks!

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! I just love your blog. Hope to visit soon again.