Here is completed heart block #2. It looks a little wonky because I rough trimmed it with pinking shears a little larger than the required size. You can see the basting stitches create a much nicer shape, as per the swap rules for size and shape.
My mother crocheted the top yellow flower and I added the beads, she also crocheted the button flower (instructions on CQMagonline). I only made one button flower so far. Since I don't crochet I really need more practice to get my stitches even. Mine looks more like a wildflower. LOL Thanks mom for the little beauties.
Our crazy quilt lessons are at a stand still at the moment. The lesson provider had some major computer issues. She is up and running now, but I think she needs to re-create the lesson she prepared on "Silk Ribbon Flowers". I am anxious to see what she has to share. Computers are wonderful as long as they work and a nightmare otherwise.