Additional Links to visit

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Heart Block #2

Here is completed heart block #2. It looks a little wonky because I rough trimmed it with pinking shears a little larger than the required size. You can see the basting stitches create a much nicer shape, as per the swap rules for size and shape.

















My mother crocheted the top yellow flower and I added the beads, she also crocheted the button flower (instructions on CQMagonline). I only made one button flower so far. Since I don't crochet I really need more practice to get my stitches even. Mine looks more like a wildflower. LOL Thanks mom for the little beauties.

Our crazy quilt lessons are at a stand still at the moment. The lesson provider had some major computer issues. She is up and running now, but I think she needs to re-create the lesson she prepared on "Silk Ribbon Flowers". I am anxious to see what she has to share. Computers are wonderful as long as they work and a nightmare otherwise.

8 comments:

Gerry said...

Hi Kathy, thanks for stopping by my block and for leaving a comment.

I think your heart is very pretty. Your choice of fabric and embellishments are just beautiful.

Also, thanks for the link to the Mother's Day printables.

TattingChic said...

What an exquisite vintage heart. All the more special with your mother's talented contributions. Very lovely pic.

Judy S. said...

Love the heart! Which swap is it for? I just got your recommended tatting book plus some needles, so wish me luck trying them out@

Judy S. said...

PS
I'm not sure what size thread I'll use. Any suggetions? We are headed off to Chicago shortly to see the grandbabies, so don't expect to hear from me for a bit.

Lisa said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love fabric, but like you, I don't think I could commit to a full size quilt, so perhaps mini crazy quilting is in my future! You've done some beautiful work, thanks for sharing...Beautiful heart blocks, I love the vintage look and old lace...Lisa :-)

Rengin Yazitas said...

Dear Kathy,
I liked this vintage heart...It looks so elegant, very pretty.

karen said...

Kathy, this is such a pretty heart. The colors are really elegant.

Melissa said...

I just love this heart it reminds me of the sepia vintage photos! Just beautiful!