Additional Links to visit

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Butterfly Tatting

Another small attempt at shuttle tatting using #10 crochet thread. I used needle tatting instructions to shuttle tatt a simple butterfly. LOL

I don't know if that was the proper thing to do but it didn't turn out too bad.
The pink one is needle tatted. When I ran the end thread "antenna" through the knots it was on the front instead of the back. What was I thinking!!!!
Makes it look a little bumpy don't you think? The green is shuttle tatted. This was the first time I actually had to finish and hide the tail. I had a heck of a time running the thread through the knots. I probably did that wrong too.

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

They both look good to me, Kathy. Can't decide which color I like best though....

TattingChic said...

Wow! You converted a needle tatting pattern to a shuttle pattern good for you! I have a couple of needle tatting books. There's no reason why you can't do that! I think they are beautiful.

Melissa said...

I love the shuttle one the best I like the smaller smoother look of it! Oh and any needle tatting pattern you can shuttle tat it's the converting from shuttle to needle that can be tricky! LOL
OH and since the butterflies look great you must have done it a right enough way to hide the ends...it doesn't really matter as long as it works good for you. If you want you can always google search Hiding Ends in Tatting to see how many diffferent ways to do it there are I think I know of at least 3-4 ways!
Keep up the awesome work!

Melissa said...

Kathy I've just tagged you on my blog, you can see the details on my blog!

Pat Winter said...

They look perfect to me. I am so jealous!
Pat

Anonymous said...

Kathy does beautiful work and is the best neighbor in the world.