Additional Links to visit

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wallhanging for Lyndsay

Lyndsay, a young 22 year old girl diagnosed with acute leukemia has been in the hospital for several weeks now. At the moment she is enduring chemo and not feeling very well and waiting on bone marrow biopsy reports. Once the reports are back the doctors can decide on future treatment options.

I made this wallhanging for her and perhaps she will be able to hang it in her hospital room. It measures about 9 x 14. We were told she likes earthly colors, greens and browns. She is a t-shirt and jean kind of girl. Hopefully this will uplift her spirits during this difficult time of her life. Others on the HGTV Quilting/Needlework board are working on CQ hearts and other projects to encourage her and let her know we are praying for her. I hope she has a large room for all these goodies coming her way.




Lyndsay, a young 22 year old girl diagnosed with leukemia has been in the hospital for several weeks now. Enduring chemo and not feeling very well. I made this wallhanging for her. Perhaps she will be able to hang it in her hospital room. Others on the HGTV Quilting/Needlework board are working on CQ hearts and other projects to send her. Hopefully this will uplift her spirits during this difficult time of her life.

My DD made the yarn flower and chose the bead and also thought the frog charm (F.R.O.G. "Fully rely on God" and a dragonfly would be nice to add. I jumped at the chance for her to offer input because up till now she shows little interest in the "crafts/sewing" department. As for my crazy quilting she thinks I put too much stuff on it. LOL

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Very nice, Kathy! This should really lift her spirits and remind her that she's not alone in this battle. Love the dragon fly!

Sherry said...

What a wonderful gift!

jessicasews said...

Kathy, that's really beautiful.
Lyndsay will love it! She's going to be touched by the wonderful gifts coming her way.
~ Jes

TattingChic said...

Oh, that is lovely...It lifts my spirits just looking at it! It's beautiful. You're a kind and generous soul.
BTW, I have a little award for you on my blog today, feel free to come and get it if you'd like,

Kathy said...

Judy, Sherry, Jessica, Thank you!
I too hope it lift's her spirits.

Tatting Chic, Thank you and I am off to see my award.

Lucy said...

What a beautiful idea. I'm sure she will love it.

Pat Winter said...

How sweet! She will love it. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for the congrats on my win. I was very surprised to win,I had such fun joining in.Every project was beautiful.