Additional Links to visit

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another Needle Book or Needle Case

Here is the second needle book I made. I thought it needed more around the corners or along the edge and I just couldn't decide what to do. So ta-da it's finished.



The Harrisburg, PA quilt show was last week, Thursday thru Sunday. We arrived at the show with about 10 minutes to spare before the doors opened. I am sad to say my cousin pinched her finger in my car door, so her day didn't start out very well. Since we packed our lunch we could immediately apply ice to her finger. Not a good way to start the day. She had a good time though, meeting up with a friend who lives in the area.

I didn't purchase much. There were tons of fabric and patterns, not much in the way of threads for embroidery or crazy quilting, which is what I really wanted to look for. I did buy a few Valdani balls #12 and a couple DMC #8, a skein of hand dyed thread, a pattern, lace, and some beads. I enjoyed the show and the shopping but prefer the Lancaster Quilt Show for the variety of vendors. The quilts were just gorgeous. I will be adding them to my photo album soon. I tried to remember to photograph the artist information for each one I photographed. While reviewing them I noticed I missed a few. I also didn't get a picture of each one there, but darn close.

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Pretty needlecase, Kathy! It'll be fun to see your photos from the quilt show.

TattingChic said...

Oh, that needlecase is so sweet and pretty! The quilt show sounds like it was spectacular.

jessicasews said...

It's beautiful, Kathy!

I clicked on the picture to view it "up close"! The stitches are so pretty!

~ jessica

Pat Winter said...

You did a fabulous job with your dyed basket. Love the dainty embellishments,and what a lovely needle case it made.
Pat

Lori said...

Loved your needelcase Kathy! Lovely!
Lori K
Love2quilt22002