Additional Links to visit

Monday, September 29, 2008

Online Books

Please check out the Crazy Quilting Wiki for the new page of
Online Books. This list consists of online books for embroidery, redwork, crazy quilting as well as museum's with digital collections. Most are available to download and save to your computer.

I would like to bring your attention to one in particular. John Governale has so graciously posted the copyright free images of J. F. Ingalls embroidery stamping pattern catalog from 1886. All the traditional motifs used in crazy quilting embroidery are included in this set of 255 pages.

John also includes a tutorial to clean up scanned images using GIMPshop and Inkscape.

If you find any of these links helpful or if you have any links to share please leave a comment.

3 comments:

cq4fun said...

I did go take a look. What wonderf Ingalls drawings. I could see a lot of inspiration for CQ, and especially for Silk Ribbon embroidery motifs.

TattingChic said...

Hi! You've been awarded something sweet! Hop on over to my blog to see what all the fuss is about!
((hugs)),
~TattingChic :)

Gerry said...

Kathy, thank you so much for visiting my blog. And for leading me back to yours. You do lovely work. I'll be sure to check back!