Additional Links to visit

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Birthday Gift

My friend Rengin recently celebrated her 50th birthday. We share a common history together. As we write I realize how much we are alike when it comes to our interests and our families. Although we have never meet in person, I think people are brought together for a reason.

In celebration of such a special occasion I made this small wallhanging for her. I started it early enough, but then life got in the way, and unfortunately it didn't arrive on time for her birthday, but it did get there. Thank you post office. :)




I was pleasantly surprised as she sent me a package too. I positioned the smaller pieces on a piece of brown fabric I had so you will be able to see the little metal sandal charms, leaves, flowers and so much more. You can click on the picture for a better view. They are just so adorable. Also the lovely ribbons, beads and fabrics. Thank you!


2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Your wallhanging is lovely! What a lovely, thoughtful gift! Your friend is very lucky. I hope she has a very happy birthday.

everythingquilts said...

That is very pretty. I think when someone takes the time to make someone a gift it means so much. Homemade gifts are the best.