Additional Links to visit

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Gift

Here is a pillow I made as a gift for a blogging friend, Judy. We had planned on swapping a crazy quilt square back in the fall. My stress level at that time wasn't co-operating with me to attack a project that I would want to give my all to.

I decided I wanted to make something for her and hoped I could complete this project in time for Christmas. As you can see in the picture the bottom points lacked enough suffing, I took care of that before mailing. What I like about the pillow is that the decorative cover is tied on with ribbon. This way the cover can be changed every season.

I mailed it exactly one week before Christmas. It arrived, but due to the weather conditions there, not in time for Christmas. I am just glad it arrived, oh I would have been so disappointed had it gotten lost in the mail. Actually it came on a day after she spent some time in bed because she wasn't feeling well and she also had fallen and brusied her knee and was feeling a bit stiff as well. So I guess it actually was good timing. :)

5 comments:

TattingChic said...

Kathy, your pillow cover is beautiful! You do such nice work! Your friend is very lucky to receive such a beautiful gift. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog this last year and I have really enjoyed getting to know you a little through your blog and emails! Here's to many more in 2009! Happy New Year! :)

Judy S. said...

The timing was just perfect, Kathy, and the pillow looks just fabulous in our living room. Thank you so much for such a beautiful gift. I feel So privileged to have a piece of your lovely work to display!

HOUNDDOG's NEWS said...

What a wonderful blog my 1st visit I am on HGTV too. The pillow you made your friend is exquisite. Have a wonderful day
Darlene (Dabbado)

Nicki Lee said...

Kathy, I just love this pillow! I have saved a picture of it in my picture album of favorites to inspire me to make one. Hope to see you doing more CQ in the future as your work is always so pretty.

Sending you hugs for the New Year!

Linda said...

Your pillow is lovely....hugs, Linda