Additional Links to visit

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Work Test

I am a little late posting about my WorkKeys test. It took one day short of two weeks to get the results. Each day I would check the mail hoping the results would be there waiting for me. I lack patience when waiting on test results of any type, medical or work type. Don't these people know you are sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear something.


I earned the Silver Certificate. I was disappointed considering which category cost me the Gold Certificate. The results of my pre-test were Math - 5 out of 7 levels, Locating Information - 6 out of 6 (perfect score), Reading - 6 out of 7.
These scores would have given me a Gold.

The true test: Math - 6 out of 7 (gained one level), Reading - 7 out of 7 (gained two levels), Locating Information - 4 out of 6. Locating information was my best score in the pre-test and yet cost me the Gold. I could have gotten a 4 in each category and still earned the Silver Certicate. A Gold required 5 or higher in each category.

So now I have something to at least include with my resume, that at my age I still have somewhat of a brain. :)

The job market is just so difficult. I have been thinking about a CNA program, just not sure if that is the route I want to take. I plan on taking a medical terminolgy course at the local vocational school, hoping that will help in the job search. Then perhaps a course in billing and coding.

6 comments:

TattingChic said...

Good luck with everything. It sounds like you are very disappointed about your silver certificate, but I wonder if you are being too hard on yourself!? That's great! What a trying time to be thinking about a career right now!

Rengin Yazitas said...

Dear Kathy,
I understand your disappointment. But, I'm sure that you'll do everyhting as you're willing now.
Wishing you good luck and lots of success.
May the joy of Christmas overflow you and yours.
Hugs,
Rengin

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I hate waiting for information too! Like where the heck am I going to live in a few months....
You should be very proud of your silver certificate....I'm afraid I wouldn't do that well as math gives me panic attacks...LOL!

everythingquilts said...

Kathy, you can't go wrong with leaning toward the medical field. No matter how bad the economy gets the medical field will always be seeking help. Here's the link to the tags, this was so fun and I think it helps one person it's so worth it.
http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=202011

JessicaSews said...

Kathy,
Just letting you know that I'm
thinking of you! I'm in awe of
your Silver Certificate! Best wishes with your choices, I'll
be staying in touch to see what wonderful "doors" open to you (and they will!).

~ Jes

Kathy said...

Thank you for all the words of encouragement.