Additional Links to visit

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Postcard

I want to thank those who have left notes wondering how I am doing. I am sorry I haven't posted anything for a while. I am still looking for work as well as DH who lost his job. His last day was on February 7. He wouldn't mind the days off if he only new he had a job to return to. That isn't the case as the company moved everything to one of their manufacturing facilities in another state. Everything will work out in God's timing.

Now for the fun stuff. I wanted to share with you a postcard I made for Hideko - Wind from the East. I won one of her crazy quilt pouches and just love it. Please check out her blog for some beautiful work. Now I need to make a few more postcards for some special ladies.

The pattern is from form-a-lines.com. The original use of the pattern is for stitching on paper. I wanted to stitch the design on fabric, so I transferred the pattern to tissue paper, stitched design with metallic thread and then wet the tissue paper to remove. It's a little tricky. I used tweezers to remove the paper and if you get the paper too wet it just pulls apart in little pieces and leaves paper residue. It should just be damp enough to pull out most of the piece in the stitched area. You might want to play with it on scrap to see how it works for you.

More patterns can be found here, and here.

My next post will be about some soul searching.

5 comments:

TattingChic said...

Wow, what a cool postcard. It's so pretty! Your friend is very lucky to get one!

Sorry to hear about your husband's job (which you had told me, already). I'll say a prayer for you guys.

God bless! :)

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Love your card, it is beautiful. So sorry about your husbands job, I know how that feels. I remember when I lost mine several years ago. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
Smiles,
Pat

Judy S. said...

Not a day goes by that you and your family aren't in my thoughts, Kathy. Your postcard is lovely, as is all your work. Big hugs.

Deepa said...

Kathy,
Hope everything is going well.
Very pretty postcard.
I've been looking for hints to work with metallic thread.Aren't they troublesome?
Deepa

Hideko Ishida 石田英子 said...

Kathy, thank you very much for your lovely card. I treasure it!! Hideko