Additional Links to visit

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Searching the Heart

I have been soul searching a lot lately concerning what I could do or perhaps what I didn't do for the Lord. While visiting Lisa's Ivory Blush Roses site I came across a post about "My Heart, Christ's Home" by Robert Boyd Munger. Please visit her blog and read this inspirational writing concerning the rooms in your heart.

Our pastor read this poem as he shared information about the Pocket Testament League. (more information at the bottom and to go to the site click on link on sidebar)

My Friend

My friend, I stand in judgment now,
And feel that you are to blame somehow.
On earth I walked with you day by day,
And never did you point the way.

You knew the Lord in truth and glory,
But never did you tell the story.
My knowledge then was very dim,
You could have led me safe to Him.

Though we lived together here on earth,
You never told me of the second birth.
And now I stand this day condemned,
Because you failed to mention Him.

You taught me many things, that's true,
I called you "friend", and trusted you.
But I learn now that it's too late,
And you could have kept me from this fate.

We walked by day and talked by night,
And yet you showed me not the light.
You let me live, and love, and die,
You knew I'd never live on high.

Yes, I called you friend in life,
And trusted you through joy and strife.
And yet, on coming to this dreadful end,
I cannot now call you "My Friend".

D.J. Higgins


I have been a member of the Pocket Testament League for some time now and it is a great way to share God's word with others. The gospel of John is offered in English, Spanish and Chinese, and in several Scripture versions. Membership is completely free. When you order 10 gospels you will see a message: funding your order will cost the ministry approximately $10.00. An order of 30 gospels $20.00. Printing and shipping Gospels for our members costs millions of dollars each year. We want to help everyone, regardless of financial circumstances, be able to share Gospels. To ensure proper stewardship of ministry funds, every order must be funded either by yourself or through sponsorship by another member. We offer multiple funding options, including the ability to get them free of charge. You are then given the option to chose the funding.

No comments: