Additional Links to visit

Monday, August 24, 2009

Puzzle Pieces for Judy

It's time to share the two puzzle pieces I made for Judy. You can see the two she made for me in a prior post here. She used scraps from an old quilt her Aunt Phyllis gave her to make the blue puzzle. I wondered if she knew blue is my favorite color, though my fabric collection seems to have more other colors than blue.

ETA correction: Judy actually made the puzzle pieces from "scraps," some leftover hand-pieced blocks from a quilt her aunt made.

10 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hey, Kathy! I didn't know you like blue the best, but I do now! Actually "all" my aunt gave me were the "scraps," some leftover hand-pieced blocks, from her gorgeous newly finished quilt. My aunt at 80+ is an excellent quilter, basketmaker and X-stitcher. She's amazing!

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Love the two puzzle pieces. The colors are so pretty.Love that peachy color. Hope you have a great day.
Smiles,
Pat

Gina said...

These are beautiful and the edges finished so perfectly!

Thelma said...

Those are such beautiful puzzle pieces.

JessicaSews said...

How Pretty!

Kathy said...

Judy, oops now my secret is out. :)

Pat, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I too like the peachy color.

Gina,
Thanks, it was a little difficult stitching through the pellon between the layers.

Thelma and Jessica, Thank you!

Judy S. said...

Hi Again, Kathy! I should have put this in my first post: I love these puzzle pieces and plan to use them and the ones from the other swap, I think, on a tote bag. Yours will be front and center, that's for sure. Thanks again.....

Kathy said...

Judy, A tote bag sounds like a great idea. My mind was blank when it came to ideas on displaying them.

JodyC said...

Kathy, beautiful work on your puzzle pieces. I have put them on my "to try" list for this winter.

Margreet said...

Kathy I like your Puzzle Pieces very much.
Such a nice idea.
Smiles Margreet from Holland.