Additional Links to visit

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Comment Moderation

Recently I received some unwanted spam in my comments. The comments were posted in older posts, I guess the person didn't think I would notice them. Since then I changed my settings to moderate the comments.

I thought I would receive an email notifying me that I had comments to be approved. As of yet I haven't received any such notice. I apologize to those who posted comments several days ago and I just now approved them. Prior to the moderate comments change I always received copies in my email and would be able to read and or respond to them.

From what I understand an email will be sent to me if a non-member comments. I thought I read in the help section an email would be sent either way.

Is there a way to receive comments via email to be approved?
Thank you for any suggestions.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yes you have to add your email to the moderation area there is an area to be notified when you get a comment and there is another one just to be notified for on to be moderated you have to add your email to both if you want emails not just one. What I do is have my email in the one to be sent when one needs moderating and I removed it from the one for when you get a comment because otherwise you get it twice...once when you approve it then again when it posts. This is all in the settings area you have to look closely and read everything to really get it. One time I forgot to do this and I had comments waiting for me too that I didn't know about thinking that I would get the notification that's when I went back into my settings and fixed it.

❦TattingChic said...

Hi Kathy,
I have comment moderation and I get email notifications. I wonder if you need to go into "settings" then "comments" and make sure your email address is correct for the comment moderation section. I don't know what to tell you and I hope that helps.

Oh, BTW, thanks for the nice comment on my blog today!

❦TattingChic said...

Hi Kathy! Thanks for the second comment on the blog and I am glad to help! :) I am even more glad you got it working, YAY!

JessicaSews said...

Kathy, I went through this too and had to reset my Comment Settings to older posts to be moderated, anything over 15 days. I too, rely on email and going to the dashboard/or editing posts areas...that's where I see Comments Moderation appear with number of comments to moderate. Click on it and start the process of moderating! I've only allowed a few (?) comments...maybe there is a quilter in the Guitar Ensemble from Taiwan!?!!

~Jes