Additional Links to visit

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zometa

I just had my first Zometa treatment Friday at 8:50 am. Nurse first tried IV in hand, then moved to the arm (small veins). Felt fine up to 10:00 pm then rib cage hurt with other minor aches. I had a fever over night with ocassional chills. Didn't take temp until morning which was 100.9 then up to 101.2. Saturday I slept a lot and didn't have an appetite. Today, Sunday, aches are gone but still feel wiped out, no energy at all. I took a 2-1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I was told to take extra strength tylenol, not sure if it helped much. Don't know how bad I would have felt without it. I hope each dose doesn't make me feel this bad. I had breast cancer in 2003, this is to help my bones since I have osteopenia now. Yea the doctors didn't tell me in 2006 that I was .1 away from osteopenia because it was "normal". Now I am at -1.8 for the hip and spine. Could have done something about it back then. Now I know to ask them when they tell me something is normal to ask where in the normal range I fall. I don't want to find out the hard way again. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer my CA 27.29 was a high normal too. Kind of scarey, though I know God is in control.

6 comments:

Judy S. said...

I've not heard of this treatment for osteopenia. I have it also, and the med I have to take is hard on the bones, but this years bone density test showed little change, thankfully. At any rate, I hope you are feeling LOTS better now.

JessicaSews said...

Kathy,
With you in thoughts
and prayers.

Kathy said...

Judy, feeling better today. I can at least concentrate on my studying.

Jessica,
Thank you!

Deepa said...

Kathy,
I keep hoping and praying that everything works out fine for you. But God seems to want to test you a bit.
Take care..
You're always in my 'hope she does well' thoughts,
Deepa

deepa said...

Kathy,
How are you feeling now? Better?
Deepa

Kathy said...

Deepa,
Yes, feeling better. The effects lasted about 3 days. Thank you so much for asking.